Citizen satisfaction results
The results of the 2014 Citizen Satisfaction Survey are in, and we are happy to announce this year’s theme is “The Big 20!” Our key statistic is the 20% increase over four years in the citizen satisfaction with the city’s image. Citizen satisfaction with the overall image of the city has jumped from 36% to 56% over the past four years.
This is the fastest increase we’ve ever seen in this category, and it’s now at the highest level ever recorded for this statistic. The improvement is tied to the steady rise across many different categories related to customer service and the increased satisfaction with the delivery of city services.
For example, in the category “Quality of services provided by the city”, satisfaction is at 56% and now exceeds the national benchmark by six points for cities of 250,000 or more residents. Also:
- 61 out of 98 questions saw statistically significant increases since the FY2013 survey.
- Satisfaction with snow removal on major and residential streets now exceed the national benchmark for large cities.
- Satisfaction with the visibility of police in neighborhoods is now 51%, up 4% from last year.
The big winners (the highest percentage increases) are in the Communications and 311 sections of the survey. Residents responded with an eight point increase in satisfaction with the usefulness of city’s website and the ease of utilizing 311 via the web.
A media event explained and celebrated this success, and the results of the survey were delivered to the City Council Business Session on August 14, 2014.