Episode 23: Kathy’s Buddha Bowl
Remember to consult with your physician before starting or changing your exercise and dietary habits.
Kathy’s Buddha Bowl
In a saucepan, bring to a boil:
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa (rinsed)
Reduce to medium heat and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and broth has been absorbed.
Drizzle a little olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and add:
- 1 Tbls minced ginger root
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
Sauté ginger and garlic until fragrant, then add:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken strips or medallions
Season with a little salt and pepper, and saute’ chicken for 6 minutes or until cooked throughout and pan-seared.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine:
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and place baking sheet in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Awesome Sauce – whisk together:
- 2 Tbls natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbls soy sauce
- 1 Tbls sesame oil
- Red pepper flakes & honey (optional – to taste)
To build individual servings, divide into four bowls:
- 2 cups baby spinach
Add quinoa (from saucepan)
Add chicken (from skillet)
Add sweet potatoes & red onions (from baking sheet)
- 1 Tbls fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
Drizzle the Awesome Sauce mixture over the top … and enjoy!