Community Engagement University
Curious about how your Kansas City government works? Want to learn from City staff how to improve your community? The Fall 2018 session of the City’s Community Engagement University program is here. This free eight-week program takes on Tuesday evenings from Sept. 11 to Oct. 30. This intensive class is designed for active community residents looking learn more about City services and how it relates to their everyday professional and personal lives.
Why participate in the university?
- Gain a better understanding of how local government functions
- Participate and interact with knowledgeable staff to better learn and understand how City finances, operations, projects and services are developed, distributed and executed
- Serve as role model for community and neighborhood residents
- Help improve the quality of life for Kansas City residents
- Build a livable, sustainable community
- Learn about volunteer opportunities in city government
Class schedule and summary:
- Sept. 11: Government 101
- Sept. 18: Dollars and Sense
- Sept. 25: We Are In Your Neighborhood
- Oct. 2: We Keep Your City Clean
- Oct. 9: We Keep Your City Healthy and Active
- Oct. 16: We Build and Improve Your City
- Oct. 23: We Develop this City
- Oct. 30: We Keep Your City Safe
Participants must be Kansas City, Missouri residents at least 18 years of age and need to attend at least seven sessions to receive a certificate of completion for this course. If you are interested in attending Community Engagement University but this session does not fit your schedule, we will be offering the program again in Spring and Summer 2019.
If you plan to join us, please register on Eventbrite for all eight sessions.