Community Engagement University
Curious about how your Kansas City government works? Want to learn from City staff how to improve your community? The City’s Community Engagement University has expanded to include an accelerated three-day course during the work day. While we will continue to offer the traditional 8-week, nighttime course, this intensive class is designed for active community residents looking learn more about City services and how it relates to their every day professional and personal lives.
Summer 2018 classes have begun.
Why participate in the university?
- Gain a better understanding of how local government functions
- Participate and interact with knowledgeable staff to better learn and understand how City finances, operations, projects and services are developed, distributed and executed
- Serve as role model for community and neighborhood residents
- Help improve the quality of life for Kansas City residents
- Build a livable, sustainable community
- Learn about volunteer opportunities in city government
Class schedule and summary:
- Tuesday, July 31, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.: City Hall
- Tuesday, August 7, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Kansas City Health Department
- Tuesday, August 14, 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Bus tour of City of Kansas City, Missouri assets such as water treatment plant, emergency operations center, a community center and more.
Participants will need to attend all three sessions to receive a certificate of completion for this course.
For more information, contact Alyssa Dinberg.