The 16th Judicial Circuit Court of Missouri–Kansas City Municipal Division has jurisdiction over City ordinance violation cases.
8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Courtroom docket times are 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
- Arrive 30 to 45 minutes early to give yourself time to go through security.
- You are responsible for being on time and present in court when your case is called. If not, the judge could issue a failure to appear warrant for you.
- The daily docket is on the large monitor just past security on the 1st floor.
- Each courtroom’s docket is listed on the monitor outside the courtroom’s door
Navigating our courthouse
- Violations Bureau payment and customer service windows are on the 1st floor
- Probation is on the 1st floor
- Restrooms are located on the 2nd and 3rd floors
- Elevators are located in the lobby
- We have nine courtrooms labeled alphabetically, A through I
- Courtrooms A, B, C, D and I are on the 2nd floor
- Courtrooms E, F, G, and H are on the 3rd floor
If you are the defendant or witness in a case and will need the court to provide a language interpreter during your hearing or trial, call 816-513-2700. An interpreter will be provided at no cost to you.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodations
If you are the defendant or witness in a case and are deaf or hearing impaired, you have the right to request assistance, including an interpreter. For help, please contact 311 or the City of Kansas City’s ADA Coordinator, Meg Conger at 816-513-6589 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need help with other ADA accommodations, please call 573-751-4377 or send an email to email@example.com
- General Court Correspondence and Messages: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Probation questions: email@example.com
- Payment questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presiding Judge, Corey A. Carter, 816-513-2700
- Court Administrator, Megan Pfannenstiel, 816-513-2700
Did you know: The Kansas City Municipal Court is the largest in the state. We process more than 200,000 cases each year including:
- Traffic violations (i.e. speeding, driving under the influence, and parking tickets)
- General ordinance violations (i.e. trespass, assault, disorderly conduct)
- Building code and nuisance violations (i.e. insufficient property maintenance, weeds, trash)
- Animal health and public safety violations (i.e. no animal license, animal abuse/neglect, animal attacks)
Please take a moment to take our customer service survey.