Go to the online Municipal Court Ticket Information and Payment System to:
- Pay a fine online (Partial or installment payments cannot be made online), find your court date, request a first-time continuance, find case information, find bond information, and find a Municipal Court bench warrant.
You can search the Municipal Court Ticket Information and Payment System using:
- Name and date of birth, ticket number, vehicle license number and state, operators/driver license number and state, bond number, name and docket date (court date)
Online information and payment service is available for open, active cases only. Additional information may be available by contacting 816-513-2700 or 311 or by visiting the Violations Bureau on the first floor of the courthouse at 511 E. 11th Street, Kansas City, MO 64106.
What you need to know about…
Paying your fine
- Use a credit card or debit card to pay your fine online. You can choose to print your receipt or have it sent to you via email.
- Mail a check or money order payable to “Municipal Court” to P.O. Box 219381, Kansas City, MO 64121-9381. Please write your ticket number in the memo field of your check.
- Pay in person at the Violations Bureau on the first floor of the courthouse located at 511 E. 11th Street, Kansas City, MO 64106, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. Bypass the line by putting a check or money order with your name and ticket number on it in an envelope and slipping it into our convenient drop box. DO NOT put cash payments in the drop box please.
- If you need additional time to pay your fine:
- Payment plan arrangements may be made on qualifying cases in person at Violations Bureau. Some cases may first require a court appearance and a decision in the case by the judge.
- All partial or installment payments must be made at the courthouse or by mail as outlined in an approved payment plan contract. Partial or installment payments cannot be made online.
- Send all questions about Municipal Court payments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuing your court date
- Municipal Court cases may be eligible for a continuance for the first court appearance unless there is a victim or a witness subpoenaed to appear in Court.
- You may make a request for a first-time continuance online or by calling 816-513-2700 or 311.
- The continuance must be requested at least two business days prior to the court date.
- Cases that have previously been continued are not eligible for a continuance on the website or by phone and may require a court appearance and the permission of the judge.
Changing your address
- If you have a pending case with Municipal Court or are on a Municipal Court payment plan or probation you are responsible for updating your address and other contact information with the court.
- To submit address and contact information changes send email to email@example.com.
- You may also go to the Violations Bureau on the first floor of the courthouse or call 816-513-2700.
If you are the victim or City’s witness in a Municipal Court case
- If you are the victim or City’s witness in a case, the City Prosecutor’s Office will only notify you if your presence is needed on that date. Victims and the City’s witnesses may contact the City Prosecutor’s Office for more information.