Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention and Health Homes Program | Project Lead Safe KC
Project Lead Safe Kansas City is a grant funded program to assist the residents of Kansas City, Mo., with home and rental property lead-based paint stabilization. The program sends a licensed lead inspector to your home to determine what the lead hazards are and to make work recommendations. Licensed lead abatement contractors will perform the remediation. Types of work may include specialized cleaning, wet scraping and repainting, replacement, encapsulation or enclosure and window replacement.
If you own your home, you may qualify for assistance under this program if you:
- Own and occupy a home in Kansas City, Mo., that was built before 1978
- Your household income is less than 80 percent of the areas median income
- You have a child under the 6 years of age who lives in your home or visits your home more than 10 hours every week
If you own rental property, you may qualify for assistance under this program if:
- The property was built before 1978
- Rental property owners must contribute 15 percent toward the total cost of lead-hazard repair
- At least 50 percent of the units must be occupied by or made available to families with incomes at or below 50 percent of the area’s median income level
- The remaining units shall be occupied by or made available to families with incomes at or below 80 percent of the area’s median income level
- Buildings with five or more units may have 20 percent of the units occupied by families with incomes above 80 percent of the area’s median income level.
Zero bedroom units, i.e. studio or efficiency apartments, are not eligible for Project Lead-Safe Kansas City.
To apply, please complete an application and submit it to our office.
- Application for an owner occupied home
- Spanish Application for an owner occupied home
- Application for rental properties (must be completed by the property owner)
- Spanish application for rental properties
2400 Troost Ave. Suite 3400
Kansas City, MO 64108
Additional lead information from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services: