Come to the City of Kansas City, Mo., Health Department (KCHD) to get childhood immunization shots. The State of Missouri requires that all student immunizations are up to date prior to the first day of school. Additionally, most school districts with schools located in Kansas City, Mo., will not allow a student to attend school unless the districts have satisfactory evidence on file that the student has been immunized.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention maintains a list of recommended and required immunizations:
- Recommended Immunizations for Children (Birth through 6 years): English, Spanish
- Recommended Immunizations for Preteens and Teens (7-18 years): English, Spanish
For those children meeting Federal Vaccine for Children (VFC) guidelines, all childhood immunizations are free of charge for Kansas City, Mo., residents; however, effective August 1, 2017, KCHD is implementing an “Out of Jurisdiction” (OOJ) fee for Childhood Immunization clients, as it has similarly been done for the Adult/Travel or Fee for Service OOJ clients. For children that live outside of Kansas City, Mo., proper, there will be a:
- $10 fee for the first child;
- $5 fee for each additional child within the same family.
Regular clinic hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday | 8am – 11:30am and 1pm – 4 pm.
- Thursday 8am – 1pm (registration closes at 12:30pm on Thursdays).
- Please note: exemption cards can be obtained without an appointment during normal immunization clinic hours on Thursdays. Each child receiving a card must first be registered.
Registration closes a half-hour before the clinics.
Children under the age of 18 need to be accompanied by parent/legal guardian. If child is not accompanied by parent or legal guardian, then a letter, written and signed, from the parent/guardian must accompany child. The letter needs to include the parent/guardian’s name, the child’s name, the name of the person accompanying the child and a number where parent/guardian can be reached.
A copy of child’s previous shot record and the child’s social security number are needed. The person accompanying the child must also provide proof of identification in the form of a picture ID.
Please call 816-513-6108 for more information.