Sexual Health Clinic information
The Kansas City, Missouri Health Department’s (KCHD) Sexual Health Clinic provides confidential sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing and treatment. We test for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, HIV, and other diseases/infections.
There are no fees for testing or STD treatment, if needed.
Hours of operation:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday | 8am – 11am and 1pm – 3pm (except holidays)
- (Clinic closes from noon to 1pm for lunch)
- Thursday: 8am to 1pm (registration closes at 12pm on Thursdays)
To schedule an appointment please call 816-513-6379, Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm
- Anyone 13 years of age and older can utilize the Sexual Health Clinic without parental permission.
- Clients are called by numbers/letters throughout the visit to ensure confidentiality.
- Testing and treatment are provided for clients with confirmed exposure to certain STDs.
- Rapid HIV tests, results in 20 minutes or less, are available.
- Test results are usually available within 7 to 10 business days.
- Walk-ins are accepted if clinic slots are available.
- Confidential HIV testing and counseling available without an appointment.
- Staff can provide assistance with partner notification, referral services, and patient counseling, if needed.
- Pregnancy tests are available by appointment in the Adult and Travel Immunization Clinic in Suite 1400 for a $20 fee.
To obtain test results for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis, call our counselor line at 816-513-6132 between the hours of 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday, and request this information. HIV test results, however, are never given over the phone. You must come in person to KCHD, 2nd floor, Suite 2000, to get your HIV result. You must present picture identification to obtain your results in person.
People who are HIV-positive should be especially concerned and tested regularly because they can have more serious infections from STDs than people without HIV. Someone who has both HIV and Syphilis, for example, may find that both infections are sped through their normal processes into advanced stages of both diseases far sooner than someone with only one or the other.
If you require treatment and/or additional testing, before you receive your test results, KCHD will contact you. Please notify our office if your address or phone number changes. All clinical services are free and confidential.
If you have been tested at our clinic and have been given an access code or have previously registered to use the online clinic results application, you can check your results by going to the online clinic results page.
If you have additional questions or wish to speak with a counselor, please call 816-513-6132, Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm.
KCHD provides confidential testing, not anonymous testing. Your medical privacy is very important to us.
Fact sheets from the CDC
Bacterial Vaginosis | Chlamydia | Genital Herpes | Genital Warts (sometimes caused by HPV) | Gonorrhea | Hepatitis A | Hepatitis B | Hepatitis C | HIV Transmission | Human Papilomavirus (HPV, one cause of genital warts) | HPV vaccine | Scabies | Syphilis | Trichomoniasis