Sexual Health Clinic
Sexual Health Clinic Information
The Sexual Health clinic provides confidential sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing and treatment. We test for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, HIV, and other diseases/infections.
There are no fees for testing or STD treatment, if needed.
Regular clinic hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday | 8am – 11:30am and 1pm – 3:30pm.
- (Clinic closes from noon to 1pm for lunch)
- Thursday: 8am to 1pm (registration closes at 12:30pm on Thursdays).
To schedule an appointment please call 816-513-6379, Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm
- Anyone 13 years of age and older can utilize the Sexual Health clinic without parental permission.
- Clients are called by numbers/letters throughout the visit to ensure confidentiality.
- Testing and treatment are provided for clients with confirmed exposure to certain STDs.
- Rapid HIV tests, results in 20 minutes or less, are available.
- Women who are getting testing or treatment will be offered a pregnancy test.
- Test results are usually available within 7 to 10 business days.
- Walk-ins are accepted if clinic slots are available.
- Confidential HIV testing and counseling available without an appointment.
- Staff can provide assistance with partner notification, referral services, and patient counseling, if needed.
To obtain test results for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis, call our counselor line at 816-513-6132 between the hours of 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday, and request this information. HIV test results, however, are never given over the phone. You must come in person to the Health Department, 2nd floor, Suite 2000, to get your HIV result. You must present picture identification to obtain your results in person.
If you require treatment and/or additional testing, before you receive your test results, the Health Department will contact you. Please notify our office if your address or phone number changes. All clinical services are free and confidential.
If you have been tested at our clinic and have been given an access code or have previously registered to use the online clinic results application, you can check your results by going to the online clinic results page.
If you have additional questions or wish to speak with a counselor, please call 816-513-6132, Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm.
The Health Department provides confidential testing, not anonymous testing.
Your medical privacy is very important to us.
Fact sheets from the CDC
Bacterial Vaginosis | Chlamydia | Genital Herpes | Genital Warts (sometimes caused by HPV) | Gonorrhea | Hepatitis A | Hepatitis B | Hepatitis C | HIV Transmission | Human Papilomavirus (HPV, one cause of genital warts) | HPV vaccine | Scabies | Syphilis | Trichomoniasis