Childhood and adolescent immunizations and out of jurisdiction rates
Come to the City of Kansas City, Mo., Health Department (KCHD) to get childhood immunization shots. For children meeting Federal Vaccine for Children (VFC) guidelines, all childhood immunizations are free of charge for Kansas City, Mo., residents; however, KCHD is implementing an “Out of Jurisdiction” (OOJ) fee for Childhood Immunization clients, as it has similarly done for the Adult/Travel or Fee for Service OOJ clients. For children that live outside of Kansas City, Mo., proper, there will be a:
- $10 fee for the first child;
- $5 fee for each additional child within the same family.
Children younger than age 18 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian or must have a letter written and signed by a parent/guardian. The letter must include the parent/guardian’s name, the child’s name, the name of the person accompanying the child and a number where the parent/guardian can be reached.
A copy of the child’s previous shot record and the child’s Social Security number are needed. The person accompanying the child must also provide proof of identification in the form of a picture ID.
Child Immunization clients are seen on a walk-in basis during normal clinic hours. Clinic hours are:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday | 8am – 11:30am and 1pm – 4 pm.
- Thursday 8am – 1pm (registration closes at 12:30pm on Thursdays).
- Except holidays. There is a full list of our programs and their hours of operation listed as well.
Adult and international travel clinic
The Adult and Travel immunizations fee schedule details KCHD’s updated list of immunization prices and number of doses, effective August 1, 2017. Immunizations are available by appointment only at 816-513-6128. Regular clinic hours:
- Non-KCMO residents are charged a $10 fee per visit.
- Cash and credit are accepted forms of payment.
Pregnancy tests are also available by appointment in the Adult and Travel Immunization Clinic for a $20 fee. We can bill Medicaid for this fee for those who provide proof of coverage. Women who are getting testing or treatment at the Sexual Health clinic will be offered a pregnancy test if the patron wishes to be tested for STDs.
Tuberculosis (TB) clinic and testing:
The TB Clinic serves the following:
- Individuals who have active tuberculosis disease
- Individuals who have been infected by the tuberculosis bacteria (positive tuberculin skin test or TB blood test)
- Individuals who have been exposed to people with tuberculosis
TB skin tests are provided on a walk-in basis or by appointment every day, except for Thursdays, in the Adult Immunization Clinic. The test costs $20 or can be processed through Medicaid. TB blood tests are also available by appointment in the Adult Immunization Clinic. The test costs $100 and the phone number to make an appointment is 816-513-6108.
Individuals being tested as part of an TB investigation may be tested for free in the TB clinic. To make an appointment in the TB clinic, call 816-513-6152.
All services are provided at:
Kansas City Health Department
2400 Troost Ave., Suite 1100
Kansas City, MO 64108