Succeeding in the United States Video Series
An interactive Spanish-speaking video series sponsored by the City’s Human Rights Commission
“Succeeding in America” is a series of Spanish-language video programs that offer essential social service information to immigrants. Presenters are experts in their field and have close ties to the Kansas City Hispanic community. Each video provides:
- Important information about Kansas City’s educational, health care and law enforcement systems
- Practical information that leads to successful participation in these systems
- Discussion of individual rights within each system
- An examination of issues specific to the Hispanic community
- Information about where to get assistance
- “Early Childhood Education”
- “Understanding School Procedures and Programs in Grades K-12 and at the University Level
- Understanding Student and Parents Rights in the U.S. Educational System
- Law Enforcement, Safety and Violence
- Health Care
- “Needs and Rights of Immigrants”
These videos were produced courtesy of the University of Missouri-Kansas City Interactive Video Network. Note: The videos require RealMedia Player to view them.
You also can find these shows being broadcast live on Channel 18 KCEN (Time Warner Cable), with reruns at various times during the week. Check your local television schedule.
For more information about this featured programming, contact Tracey Franklin-Bradford at 816-513-1807.