About the Neighborhoods Department
The Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department works directly with citizens to protect their quality of life and the livability of our neighborhoods. With a variety of programs both city-wide and in targeted areas, we protect and sustain residential buildings, monitor nuisance businesses and respond to many types of concerns directly impacting where we all live, work and play. A list of related plans and reports are maintained.
Our programs include:
- Animal Health and Public Safety
- Tow Services
- Neighborhood Preservation, including Dangerous Buildings
- Housing, including Grants and Assistance for homeowners, renters, and home buyers
- Regulated Industries, including licenses for nuisance businesses
- Neighborhood Services, including the Crime Watch programs
- Trash and Recycling, including weekly trash and curbside recycling pick up dates
View the Neighborhoods and Housing Services booklet which highlights the latest Kansas City projects!