The City Home Repair Program is offered to single-family KCMO homeowners who have not received home repair services from the City within the last five years. The program does not service rental property, mobile homes, duplexes, etc.
Funding for the City Home Repair Program comes from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Program.
Program eligibility is determined by combining household income with a small percentage of the value of assets in accordance with Chapter 5 of the HUD regulations.
Three Community Development Corporations will again receive funding. These are:
- Northland Neighborhoods, Inc. – 454-2000
- Westside Housing Org. – 421-8048
- Ivanhoe Neighborhood Coalition – 921-6611
A listing of what is considered income and assets may be reviewed on the application.
This program uses the HUD 2018 very low income (50%) and low (80%) income limits.
Work done under this program includes:
- Plumbing – main water lines, supply lines and water heater
- Plumbing – sewer mains and drain lines
- Electrical systems – service entrance and main panel, including updating existing branch circuits
- Barrier Removal – bathroom grab bars, handheld shower equipment, elevated toilet seats and toilet safety rails
- Roofs – Strip down and install new roofing materials
Residents can download the application or request an application form be mailed by contacting the department at the phone number below.
Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department
Housing and Community Development Division
414 E. 12th St.
City Hall- fourth floor
Kansas City, MO 64106
816 513-3200 (p) | 816 513-3049 (f)
In addition to this Home Repair Program, the City is offering a variety of other home repair programs to service the needs of single-family homeowners throughout the Kansas City area. These include the Targeted Home Repair Program, Paint Program and Furnace Program.
Program Manager: Roger Stewart | 816-513-3025 | 816-513-3049 (f) | firstname.lastname@example.org