Neighborhood Support Services coordinates and facilitates several programs to support and bolster neighborhood groups across the City. These programs are generally open to any registered neighborhood (or group that wishes to become registered), although some will have additional requirements. For more information on any of these programs, please contact Neighborhood Support Services at 816-513-3200, or visit their office on the fourth floor of City Hall.
- Registered groups may receive a certain amount of assistance with printing newsletters, flyers, or other literature for promoting and communicating with the membership. Restrictions apply on printing advertisements or political materials.
- Maps of the neighborhood and property listings of owners and their addresses are also available, subject to the limitations of budget and staff availability. Please allow for several weeks’ processing time during peak (spring/summer/autumn) months.
- For more immediate communication needs, the City also has the capability to make automated telephone calls to residents of your neighborhood. The neighborhood must provide a script or come down to City Hall to record the message, and provide a compatible list of telephone numbers and names to load into the call system.
- Staff are able to assist neighborhoods and block watch groups with educational materials and small-group training on Crime Watch, capacity building, and a variety of other topics of interest to healthy neighborhoods. Please call at least several weeks ahead of time to ensure that someone is available to attend your group’s meeting!
- In addition, some other City programs are only open to registered neighborhood or homeowner associations, such as free leaf and brush drop-off and free tire drop-off, the Neighborhood Cleanup Assistance Program, or eligibility to vote for the Neighborhood Advisory Council representatives.
If you are not sure if your group is registered (or that the registration is up-to-date), please look them up in our online database. If you find inaccuracies, contact the Neighborhood Support Services liaison listed at the bottom of your group’s entry. For new registrations, please fill out this form.