The City is offering a variety of home repair programs this year to service the needs of single-family homeowners throughout the Kansas City area.
Please select one program that is best suited for your needs from the list below. Applicants may not apply for more than one program with the exception of the Paint Program which is funded by the City of Kansas City, Missouri. All other programs are funded by a Community Block Grant Fund issued by HUD.
City Home Repair Program – The City Home Repair Program offers various repair services to residents of Kansas City. Eligible applicants may choose one repair item from the following categories: roofing, plumbing or electrical.
Targeted Home Repair – Targeted Home Repair services specific areas of the City only and is not available citywide such as City Home Repair. This program offers the same types of repairs as City Home Repair. This program provides services in the following targeted areas only:
- Brooklyn Corridor – 22nd to 27th
- Blue Hills Neighborhood
- Key Coalition Neighborhood
- Santa Fe Neighborhood
- Oak Park Neighborhood
- Marlborough/Hickman Mills
Paint Program – The Paint Program issues vouchers for free paint and supplies to Kansas City single-family homeowners.
Additional Home Repair Services are offered through the following Community Development Corporations, each of which receives City funding:
- Northland Neighborhoods, Inc. – 454-2000
- Westside Housing Org. – 421-8048
- Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council – 921-6611
Other Home Repair Programs:
- Project Lead-Safe Kansas City – abating lead-based paint in old buildings
- Community Builders of Kansas City
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Kansas City, Inc.
- Municipal Court Fund Program
- United Services Community Action Agency (low income weatherization services)