The Neighborhood Advisory Council (established by Resolution No. 030770) is an advisory board to the governing bodies of the City, particularly the director of the Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department. Their mission is to represent the interest of Kansas City’s diverse neighborhoods in the development and implementation of governmental policies that impact the quality of life for our residents. This advisory board can be contacted via the Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department, which provides administrative support to the group, or through individual board members’ contact information.
Unlike many advisory groups, the members of this council are not appointed by City officials. Instead, neighborhood organizations elect those who represent them on this council every other year in staggered terms. The Neighborhood Advisory Council is divided into six regions. At full capacity, the council has two members from each region of the City, and three at-large members. The advisory council has its own bylaws which are available for review.
Positions are open in the following regions: north-west, north-east, central-west, central-east, south-west, south-east and at-large .
Submit completed applications to:
Attn: Sarah Cecil, Neighborhoods and Housing Services, 414 E. 12th Street – City Hall 4th Floor, Kansas City, MO 64106
Members (contact information)
- Joseph C. Jackson (Central-East Region) President
- Richard Sayles (North-East Region) Vice-President
- Rianna Deselich (South-East Region) Secretary
- Jared Campbell (Central-West Region)
- Allen Norman (Central-West Region)
- Rodney Sampson II (Central At-Large)
- Aaron Holder (North-West Region)
- Karry Palmer (South-East Region)
- Katherine Trummer (South At-Large)
- Polly Jones (North-West Region)
- Thomas Alber (South-West Region)
- Tom E. Gorenc (North-East Region)
- Lee A. Lambert (Central-East Region)
- Carol Winterowd (South-West Region)
- Pat Lynch (North At-Large)
The Neighborhood Advisory Council generally meets at 4 p.m. on the second Tuesday of every month except December (adjusted for holidays). Unless otherwise specified, the meeting is held on the 10th floor, City Hall, 414 E. 12th Street.