The City offers several programs for neighborhood and civic groups to get involved in their community to remove blight and perform litter control. These programs include:
From May through October, neighborhood groups registered with the City can obtain dumpsters at a reduced cost. Dumpsters must be used for neighborhood clean-up events only. Funding for the dumpsters is limited; therefore, dumpsters are available on a first-come, first-served basis. A completed Dumpster Request Form must be mailed to the City at the address listed below with a check made out to “City Treasurer” no later than three weeks prior to the scheduled event. The cost for each 40 cubic yard dumpster is $60.
NCAP Program, Neighborhoods and Housing Services
C/O Marleen Leonce
4900 Swope Parkway
Kansas City, Mo., 64130
General information guidelines for using the dumpsters:
- Dumpsters will be placed at the designated location before 8 a.m. and removed by 12 p.m. or whenever the dumpster is full. Please notify contractor when the dumpster is full.
- Dumpsters must be monitored until they are hauled away. This avoids illegal dumping
- Do not overload the dumpsters or allow materials to stick over the top
- Please clean the area after the dumpster has been removed
Leaf & brush dumpster guidelines:
- Only leaves and brush are allowed in the dumpster.
- Yard debris must be in a paper lawn bag or a cardboard box.
- Tree limbs can be up to 10″ in diameter and 6′ in length.
- Please do not place plastic bags or trash in the dumpster. The State of Missouri does not allow leaves and brush in the landfill.
Trash dumpster guidelines:
- Dumpsters are for common household trash only.
- Please do not place leaves and brush, tires, household hazardous waste or appliances in the dumpster.
This program provides blue/orange bags, at no cost, to neighborhoods groups, civic organizations and residents desiring to perform litter control in the public right-of-way.
• Blue bags are available at no cost for litter control in the public right-of-way and cannot be used for personal use.
• Blue/orange bags can be collected at one of the following CAN Centers
• 49/63 CAN, Inc.
• Blue Hills CAN Center
• Blue Valley NA, CAN Center
• Community Assistance Council
• East 23rd Street PAC, NA
• Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council
• Marlborough Catalyst Center
• Northland Neighborhoods, Inc.
• Vineyard Neighborhood Association
• Westside CAN
This program provides an opportunity for residents, business, and civic groups to partner with the City to help keep the City clean. The program helps build civic pride by beautifying Kansas City Streets through the removal of trash along the roadside. Please complete the following forms and e-mail them to email@example.com, fax them to (816) 513-8449 or mail them to NCAP, 4900 Swope Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64130 :
To ensure a safe and productive clean-up event, please follow these guidelines:
- Volunteers must adopt at least one mile of public streets
- Volunteers must conduct at least four clean-ups per year for a three-year period.
- Volunteers must contact the City prior to and after the clean-up event