Alcoholic Beverage Advisory Group
The Alcoholic Beverage Advisory Group reviews Chapter 10 of the City’s code of ordinances and advises changes to the Regulated Industries Division‘s manager. Group recommendations are also shared with the City Council. The group was organized at the request of the City Council and is governed by a set of bylaws.
Group meetings regularly are held at 9 a.m. on the first Monday of February, May, August and November in the Regulated Industries conference room, 635 Woodland Ave, Suite 2101. Emergency meetings may be requested five days in advance by the manager of Regulated Industries.
The group comprises 12 members, divided equally between industry and non-industry representatives, as listed below.
- Alcohol license attorney
- Retail sales-by-the-drink licensee
- Package liquor store licensee
- Downtown loop restaurant/bar licensee
- Liquor wholesaler licensee
- Kansas City Restaurant Association
- Member of the clergy
- Neighborhood attorney
- School district representative
- Neighborhood (Districts 1 or 2)
- Neighborhood (Districts 3 or 4)
- Neighborhood (Districts 5 or 6)
The manager of the Regulated Industries Division is also a member, but only votes as a tiebreaker.