The Alcoholic Beverage Advisory Group reviews Chapter 10 of the City’s code of ordinances and advises changes to the Regulated Industries Division‘s manager. Group recommendations are also shared with the City Council. The group was organized at the request of the City Council and is governed by a set of bylaws.
Meetings are held at 9 a.m. on the first Monday of February, April, June, August, October and December, in the Regulated Industries Division Conference room at 635 Woodland Avenue, Kansas City, Mo. In the event there is no business to conduct, the chairperson may cancel the meeting after consultation with the Manager of Regulated Industries Division.
The group comprises 12 members, divided equally between industry and non-industry representatives, as listed below.
- Alcohol license attorney
- Retail sales-by-the-drink licensee
- Package liquor store licensee
- Downtown loop restaurant/bar licensee
- Liquor wholesaler licensee
- Kansas City Restaurant Association
- Member of the clergy
- Neighborhood attorney
- School district representative
- Neighborhood (Districts 1 or 2)
- Neighborhood (Districts 3 or 4)
- Neighborhood (Districts 5 or 6)
The manager of the Regulated Industries Division is also a member, but only votes as a tiebreaker.