Applications accepted beginning May 15, 2017
The Targeted City Home Repair Program assists homeowners who live in targeted areas as identified in the city’s Consolidated Housing and Community Development Plan.
These areas include the following neighborhoods:
- Brooklyn Corridor – 22nd St. to 27th St.
- Key Coalition Neighborhood
- Santa Fe Neighborhood
- Oak Park Neighborhood
- Marlborough/Hickman Mills
- Blue Hills Neighborhood
Eligible residents located in these areas will receive a choice of two repairs, subject to funding, as outlined below:
- Plumbing – main water lines, supply lines and water heater
- Plumbing – sewer mains and drain lines
- Electrical systems – service entrance and main panel, including updating existing branch circuits
- Barrier Removal – bathroom grab bars, handheld shower equipment, elevated toilet seats and toilet safety rails
- Roofs – Strip down and install new roofing materials
- Furnaces – Complete replacement which may include ductwork
Applicants must own and reside in the property to be repaired, may not own more than one residential property, could not have received home repair assistance from the city within the last five years, and must be within the low income (80 percent) HUD income guidelines for the KCMO metro area.
Program income based eligibility is determined by combining household income with a small percentage of the value of assets in accordance with Chapter 5 of the HUD regulations. A listing of what is considered income and assets may be reviewed on the application.
The program does not service rental property, mobile homes, duplexes, etc.
Funding for the City Home Repair Program comes from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant.
Please note being eligible for the program does not guarantee service. Eligible applications may become ineligible if conditions of the home are determined to be beyond the scope of program parameters.
Please mail completed applications along with supporting documents to:
Neighborhoods & Housing Services Department
Housing and Community Development Division
414 E. 12th St.
fourth floor, City Hall
Kansas City, MO 64106
Program Manager: Roger Stewart | 816-513-3025 | 816-513-3049 (f) | firstname.lastname@example.org