The City of Kansas City, Mo., Neighborhood Tourist Development Fund awards reimbursable grants to support countless popular Kansas City activities. Recent recipients include the Kansas City Repertory’s “A Christmas Carol” and the South Suburban Football Fall Classic.
The fund currently is accepting fourth quarter reimbursable grant applications for activities taking place from March 1, 2014 through April 30, 2014. Qualified organizations are encouraged to apply. Applications must be received by Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014 at 5 p.m.
Any organization wishing to apply for a grant must host cultural, social, ethnic, historic, educational or recreational activities. In addition, interested organizations must:
– be a non-profit incorporated in the state of Missouri;
– be located in and have its registered office in the city limits of Kansas City, Mo.;
– have neighborhood, community, tourism promotion and development priorities as part of its mission;
– meet the City’s requirements for contracting with non-municipal agencies; and
– thoroughly demonstrate that it meets the program’s eligibility requirements.Eligibility and funding applications are available atwww.kcmo.org/ntdf. For the first time ever, Neighborhood Tourist Development Fund applications may be submitted directly online. Otherwise, applicants may choose to print their applications and mail, fax or hand-deliver them to:
Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department
Robert Mohart Center
3200 Wayne Ave.
Kansas City, Mo 64109
Attn: Venessa Huskey
Please note, this is a new mailing address for the Neighborhood Tourist Development Fund program.
Applications must arrive at the Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department by Jan. 15 at 5 p.m. Organizations that choose to mail their applications are advised to mail them as soon as possible to ensure their timely arrival. Applications received in the mail after Jan. 15 will not be eligible.
The Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department manages the Neighborhood Tourist Development Fund.
For more information about the Neighborhood Tourist Development Fund, please contact Venessa Huskey, Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department, at 816-513-4505.