FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 14, 2015
Cycle in The City, an initiative led by the City’s Bike KC program will transform a portion of Ward Parkway to a family-friendly open streets festival on Saturday, May 16th, from 2-5 p.m. Residents are advised to avoid travel along Ward Parkway Blvd., which will be closed between 63rd St. and Gregory Blvd. Drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes along State Line Rd., and Wornall Rd.
Cycle in the City will feature a variety of free, family-friendly activities including the opportunity to bike, walk, roll, stroll, jog and play along one of Kansas City’s most beautiful thoroughfares.
- DJ, Live Music and Roaming Performers
- Free Rock Climbing Wall and Bungee Bounce Pods
- Arts and Crafts from Oddball Kids
- Free Yoga courtesy of Yoga Rocks the Park Kansas City
- Badminton, Bags and other Lawn Games
- Free Dance Lessons courtesy of the Kansas City Ballet
- Delicious Food and Beverages available for purchase
- Bike safety course and much more!
For more information about Cycle in the City, including volunteer opportunities, traffic/parking information, activities and the event map, visit www.CycleinKC.com!
Cycle in the City is modeled after similar, highly-popular events held in cities around the world, commonly known as Ciclovia’s. An initiative led by the City’s Bike KC program and managed by O’Neill Marketing & Event Management, more information is available at cycleinKC.com.
The Bike KC program works to transform the City into a bikeable and walkable community through infrastructure, planning, design, education and encouragement.
Media inquiries should be directed to Bicycle Pedestrian Coordinator, Deb Ridgway at 816-513-2592 or 816-588-4092.