The City of Kansas City, Missouri and the Kansas City Royals invite all fans to a Royal Celebration for our World Champion team. The 2.3 mile-long parade starts at noon, Tuesday, Nov. 3. Please be advised that the celebration will close some City-services and roads, and will impact parking in downtown Kansas City. City closures, and additional information, are listed below:
Kansas City Municipal Court hearings for Tuesday, Nov. 3 have been cancelled. These cases will be continued to later dates, and the parties in these cases will receive notices in the mail with the new court dates. Starting on Wednesday, Nov. 4 residents may also find court dates online at kcmo.gov/court.
The courthouse will remain open for business and will hold morning hearings for those being held in-custody.
For further information, please contact Municipal Court Public Information Officer Benita Jones at (816) 513-6711 or Benita.Jones@kcmo.org.
Meetings for the City Planning Commission and the Kansas City Parks and Recreation Board of Directors have been cancelled for Tuesday, Nov. 3.
- Grand Boulevard between 8th and 27th streets (plus side streets to Grand from Walnut or McGee) Crown Center parking via Grand Blvd. will remain accessible.
- Oak Street between 8th and 16th Streets (plus side streets to Oak from Locust Street)
- Truman Road between Locust Street and Walnut Street
- Pershing Road between McGee and Broadway Street/Archives Way
- Main Street between 20th and 27th streets
- Kessler Road from Pershing to the west side entrance of The National WWI Museum and Memorial
Parking & Transportation
Residents are urged to make use of free public transportation, and to arrive early for the Royal Celebration. Parking and transportation information can be found online at visitkc.com/royalcelebration.
Media inquiries regarding parking and road closures should be directed to Sean Demory, Public Information Officer, at 816-513-0059.