FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
The City of Kansas City, Mo. along with several community partners will host a free collection event on Saturday, May 7 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Manual Technical Career Center located at 1320 Truman Road.
This event is for KCMO residents only and provides residents with the opportunity to responsibly dispose of common household items such as electronics, yard waste and paint. Household trash will not be accepted at this event. A list of acceptable items and community partners is listed below:
- Disabled American Veterans: Clothing, accessories, books, footwear, toys, linens, house wares, small appliances (all in good working condition).
- Ripple Glass: All glass food and beverage containers of any color (including mason jars and glass drinking vessels such as wine glasses).
- Truman Habitat for Humanity Kansas City: Building materials and gently used furniture.
- City of Kansas City, Missouri: Waste tires, yard waste, plastic bags, household hazardous waste such as batteries, oils, paint and antifreeze.
- RevolveKC: Bicycles.
- Avenue of Life: Mattresses, furniture, household appliances.
- Document Resources: Off-site document shredding (documents must be in bags or boxes). Limit of five medium boxes or bags per person.
Media inquiries about trash and recycling should be directed to the, Neighborhood and Housing Services Department, at 816-513-3200 or Marleen Leonce at 816-513-6992.