FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 12 2018
If you’ve been waiting for your chance to influence or create City policies on topics ranging from the budget, infrastructure, economic development, neighborhoods and housing or even public safety, then your wait is over!
The City of Kansas City, Missouri, is offering several times, dates and locations for a series of public sessions designed for residents who want to delve deeper into the citywide planning process while offering their creative thoughts on the best ways to spend tax dollars.
Save the date for the session you wish to attend:
- CENTRAL: Thursday, Aug. 23 – 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. – Liberty Memorial (The National WWI Museum and Memorial), 2 Memorial Drive (light lunch)
- SOUTH: Saturday, Aug. 25 – 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Southeast Community Center, 4201 E. 63rd St. (continental breakfast)
- NORTH: Tuesday, Aug. 28 – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Briarcliff Church, 800 NE Vivion Rd. (light dinner)
Highlights of this year’s sessions include:
- A “Pick Your Priority” exercise using hand-held voting devices to identify activities or projects you believe should be emphasized in this year’s Citywide Business Plan, and getting the group results in real-time
- Focus groups in which you will introduce ideas and seek consensus on recommendations that will be presented to City Council for their consideration
- Brief presentations by members of the City Council and the opportunity to meet Department Directors and key staff
To register, please send an email noting the date/location you plan to attend to: Finance@kcmo.org, or call 816-513-1173. Early registration is recommended to reserve your seat!