PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- STARTING FRIDAY MARCH 1, WE WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT PAPER PLANS. We ask that all plans are submitted digitally through Compass KC. This does not apply to existing paper plans already submitted prior to March 1, just any new plans submitted after that date.
- This new paperless rule also applies to express review appointments. Those who make an express review appointment will need to have a case number generated through Compass KC before their appointment is scheduled.
- If you have any questions, please call 816-513-1500.
Effective March 1, we will no longer accept paper plans. We ask that all plan submittals be completed digitally through Compass KC.
How do I use Compass KC?
We understand, with any new system, comes a learning curve. That’s why we have provided some tutorials for you to get you started with Compass KC and others that you can come back to if you have questions along the way!
CompassKC Registration Guide Booklet
CompassKC User Manual Booklet
Apply for plans/permits video *Please note you need to use the Internet Explorer browser with the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight downloaded to use the E-Review portal to submit plans for review
How to register video
How to use the dashboard video
Search for permits video
Additional Process Tutorials and Information
The following departments and divisions are using the Compass KC system in the current phase, Phase 1. Below each department, specific resources will be added that show processes within Compass KC specific to the associated city departments.
City Planning and Development – Building permits, inspections scheduling, plan reviews, contractor licensing, etc.
- Homeowner Permit Guide: If you plan to do work on your own property/home without a licensed professional please read this guide.
- If you prefer an all-encompassing document to walk you through the Compass KC system, a City Planning Process Tutorial can be viewed here:City Planning and Development Compass KC Process Tutorial.
Public Works – Excavation, hauling and parking permits as well as traffic control, bicycle rack placement and event-related permits
Regulated Industries – Visit the Regulated Industries web page for a list of permits
Parks and Recreation – All park permit services, except the park event and film/photography permit services
For general questions about the software, email CompassKC.