Kansas City, Mo is at the heart of it all. Sure, that’s true geographically, but we are at the heart of so much more like culture, innovation, technology, the arts and great eats to name just a few. If you want a hand in building on the momentum of this vibrant city, grab the reins and join our team of dedicated employees working to keep KCMO on a winning streak!
City Planning and Development is hiring for the following position: Building Inspector
*Apply here and search Job Opening ID #510366
- Construction Code Inspectors conduct field inspections on commercial and residential buildings to ensure compliance with applicable codes, ordinances and regulations
- Inspects plumbing, electrical, mechanical and structural installations
- Utilizes plans and specifications on site to determine compliance with the provisions of abuilding code
- Responds to questions from contractors and businesses in both the office and the field
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required
- An accredited Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, fire science, construction technology or construction management
- OR high school graduation and 4 years of acceptable codes inspection or construction trade experience
- OR an equivalent combination of qualifying education and experience
- Residential Inspector certifications within 18 months of hire.
- Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license in accordance with City of KCMO policies
- Residency required within nine months.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and post-offer physical examination as prescribed by the City
Starting Salary: $18.83/hr*
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Apply here and search Job Opening ID #510366
Get connected and stay in the know with your City Planning and Development Department. Sign up today to get newsletters and announcements at kcmo.gov/subscribe. We won’t overload your inbox with a bunch of junk; only information that will help you improve your interactions with our department. You can also follow us on Twitter @kcmoplanning