Past Meeting Presentation: GDAP Public Meeting #2 Draft Recommendation.
- View the boards that were on display at the March 2019 Public Meeting here: GDAP Meeting Boards
Give Feedback on Draft Recommendations: Give GDAP Draft Feedback.
Background: The City is starting the planning process for the Greater Downtown Area Plan (GDAP) in 2018. Area plans recommend strategies to help realize a community’s long term vision for the future and provide a comprehensive framework to guide public decisions on land use, housing, public improvements, community development, and city services. The GDAP, adopted in 2010, is still in the implementation phase. You can learn more about the implementation phase on our GDAP Implementation page.
Area plans provide both proactive strategies (action steps which are outcome driven) and reactive guidelines (evaluation tools to guide future decision making). These plans are used by the City and the community alike and become an element of the City’s Comprehensive Plan. Area plans are guided by a range of citywide planning documents including the FOCUS Kansas City Plan (the City’s comprehensive plan), the Trails KC Plan, and others. The area plan applies the broad citywide policies from these documents to a smaller area of the city, typically at a greater level of detail. Area plans sometimes recommend amendments to these upper level plans, but generally try to work within their policy framework.
Have you missed a past poll? No worries! Find links to the previous weekly polls below by clicking on a date below:
GDAP2018 WEEKLY POLL LINKS
- Sign up for CPD emails and announcements at kcmo.gov/subscribe. Check the City Planning box option.
- Follow us on Twitter @kcmoplanning #GDAP2018
- AlertKC – AlertKC provides an efficient and secure way to send neighborhood-level information to residents who subscribe to the system. Sign up at kcmo.gov/alertkc to text message alerts about upcoming Public Meetings.
- Next Door – The City uses Nextdoor to share news, safety alerts, neighborhood events and services. Sign up at nextdoor.com
Watch our Listening Session on the Greater Downtown Area Plan. The City is Listening – Defining Downtown: The Greater Downtown Area Plan.
Gerald Williams, Lead Planner