View a full list of all Land Development processes.
For a minor infrastructure permit
Walk-in or electronically issued permits for sidewalks, curbs, gutters and drive approaches.
3rd Party Materials Testing Manual
The Public Works Department adopted materials testing on June 14, 2015 in Ordinance 150411, for all major infrastructure. City Planning and Development worked with Public Works on the implementation of these requirements for development funded infrastructure. City Planning and Development will be implementing the requirements, starting immediately with any new applications for infrastructure permitting, these testing requirements during construction. The 3rd Party Materials Testing Manual outlines the use of 3rd Party Certified Testing Labs (including Public Work’s Testing Lab) to perform these services and the corresponding reporting requirement of the permittee.
About Land Development:
The Land Development division is located on the fifth floor of City Hall and is open to the public for business from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. They are involved in the development of land from start to finish. The division focuses on addressing a project’s impacts, as well as the number of land parcels, streets, storm sewers, storm water management, conveyance systems, sanitary sewers, streetlights, street signals, erosion and sediment control.
The Land Development division performs the following services:
- Plan review of nearly all development applications submitted to the division for determination of impacts to, modifications of, or requirements for infrastructure improvements or modifications (except for water main extension, connections or modifications-related work).
- Permitting of infrastructure improvements.
- Plan review of building applications involving any significant change in the site and/or involving any perimeter street sidewalk, curbs and drive approach repairs or modifications (example: minor infrastructure) due to the site changes.
- Plat review of plats (example: major subdivisions and minor subdivisions)
- Other general services, including unimproved street drive approach culvert sizing reviews, grade ordinances related to developments, street and alley vacation reviews and related sewer relocation, street encroachments for street light pole banner, impact fee assessments, credits, and reviews associated with building permit application, development related easement acceptances and releases, and development agreements drafting and tracking results from Land Development Division conditions.
- Inspection of permits issued by the Land Development Division.