The Division includes Long Range Planning, Historic Preservation, Demographic Research and Communication. The Historic Preservation group oversees nominations to the City and National Register of Historic Places; as well as, facilitating the Landmarks Commission. The demographic research group uses tailored U.S. Census data to meet customer requests. The Long Range Planning group works with property owners, developers, neighborhood groups, community agencies and local businesses to develop Area Plans for the City’s 18 geographic areas while maintaining the City’s comprehensive plan.
- City Planners – 16th Floor or call 816-513-1500
- Historic Preservation – 16th Floor or call 816-513-2902 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Census Data/Forecasting – 16th Floor
Commitment to Customer Service
The Department strives to maintain the City’s Comprehensive plan and to that end, satisfied a City Council Policy to retain one planner for each Council District. The District Planners are available for Public meetings and to help foster adoption and implementation of the FOCUS and area plans.
Area Plan Section:
- Area Plans – List of all past and current Area Plans
- Area Plans Currently Underway – List of recently started and ongoing Area Plans
- Area Plan Map – Citywide view of Area Plans
- Find Your Area Plan – Type in an address to find Area Plan
Historic Preservation Section:
Census Data Section:
More about City Planning and Development Boards and Commissions