Midtown/Plaza Area Plan
The Midtown/Plaza area is a vibrant urban community where neighborhoods, businesses and institutions reinforce one another. The character and identity of the area creates a special sense of community that attracts lifelong residents. As the area evolves, respect is given to its historical development pattern and the safe, connected, diverse and sustainable environment is enhanced.
- The Midtown/Plaza Area Plan – the complete version of the Midtown/Plaza Area Plan
- Presentation from the April 29th – 30th Midtown/Plaza Open House – presentation containing meeting agenda, plan organization, maps and major plan recommendations
- Assorted Maps from the April 29th – 30th Midtown/Plaza Open House – nine maps from the Midtown/Plaza Open House including Recommended Land Use, Pedestrian Improvements, and Plaza Planning Recommendations
Background and Orientation
Planning is the process by which a community assesses what it is and what it wants to become, and then decides how it can make that happen.
Area plans are designed to realize the community’s vision for the future and provide elected officials with a proactive framework to make decisions about housing, development, and economic growth of the area.
Area plans provide a single, comprehensive plan for an area of the City and provides policies to guide public decisions on land use, infrastructure, public services and zoning.
The Midtown/Plaza area plan will:
- Recommend guidelines and strategies related to development, housing, neighborhoods, economic development, transportation, capital improvements, open spaces and urban design.
- Serve as the “plan of record” for the area and will be fully integrated with other adopted plans resulting in a single, coordinated policy for the area.
- Build on the foundation of previous planning efforts in the area.
The Midtown/Plaza area plan process is moving forward and entering an important stage where we will discuss specific issues and recommendations for the plan. In effort to discuss issues at a finer level of detail, we are again breaking the planning area into five sub-areas. Using previous feedback and analysis performed, we are going to ask specific questions and discuss potential options to achieve the vision for the area.
The planning area boundaries are:
North – 31st Street
South – 55th Street
East – Paseo Boulevard
West – State Line Road