Types of arrests and holds
- City arrest–individuals arrested for violating a city ordinance
- Investigation arrest–individuals arrested for an offense that the state prosecutor has not yet charged in a warrant (usually referred to as a 24-hour investigation)
- State warrant–individuals charged by the prosecutor for violating a state statuteSee Jail page for more information on arrests and detention.
See Jail for more information on arrests and detention.
- On city charges, the bonding company usually charges 20 percent of the face bond amount.
- On state charges, the bonding company usually charges 10 percent of the face bond amount.
- On warrants, the courts will dictate the type of bond needed.
Types of bonds
- Cash or bonding company–funded by cash from an individual’s own pockets or through arrangements with a bond company
- Cash only–set by the courts as an initial bond or as a result of not appearing in court
- 10 percent–placed on state warrants by state court judges, meaning that 10 percent of the bond’s face value must be made to the courts in order to be released
- Secured–made by a bond company, usually on state warrants
- Secured or 10 percent–made by a bond company through individual arrangement or 10 percent of the bond’s face value made to the courts
- Own recognizance–a signature bond ordered by a state court judge on state warrants
Court phone numbers
- Municipal Court (city): 816-513-2700
1101 Locust St.
- Jackson County Department of Corrections (Jackson County jail): 816-881-4200 (state side)
KCPD Detention: 816-234-5180
1300 Cherry St.
- Jackson County Regional Correction Center (former MCI): 816-881-3490
505 E. 13th St.