Building Operations Technician
TITLE: Building Operations Technician II, Maintenance Custodian II
ELEMENT OF ASSIGNMENT: Building Operations Unit
STARTING MONTHLY SALARY: $2,127/month
Job Objectives: (Purpose of the position.)
To provide general building maintenance, carpentry, painting, electrical, and plumbing services. To observe and identify security/CJIS violations and report immediately.
Essential Job Functions: (Functions essential to attaining job objectives.)
- Provide general building maintenance and repair; tasks may include moving furniture, maintaining fans, generators, sump pumps, and janitorial duties.
- Perform carpentry duties; includes building cabinets, bookcases, display cases, and various pieces of furniture; installs doors and windows, ceiling grids, tiles, and floor coverings.
- Perform painting duties, involving tasks such as staining, varnishing, sheetrock taping, and texture work.
- Perform electrical installation and repair, and related duties in A/C, heating, and pneumatics.
- Perform plumbing repair; repairing running water and drain lines, and installing sinks, stools, and water fountains.
- Provide technical support and training to Maintenance Custodian I incumbents.
- Maintain reliable and predictable attendance. Must have the ability to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- Must have the ability to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Performs related duties as required.
- This class specification should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification. Any essential function or requirement of this class will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as amended by the Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA); and the Missouri Human Rights Act (MHRA).
Job Standards: (Minimum qualifications needed to perform essential functions.)
To successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the incumbent must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and have the skills and abilities to operate department vehicles within specified vehicle operating procedures.
Position requires very heavy lifting (over 50 pounds) occasionally, heavy lifting (20 to 50 pounds) frequently, light lifting (5 to 20 pounds) regularly, talking on the telephone, seasonal snow removal, the ability to climb a ladder, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
Job Location: (Place where work is performed.)
This position operates in department physical facilities and surrounding areas 100% of the time.
Equipment: (Machines, devices, tools, etc., used in job performance.)
- Plumbing tools
- Electrical test equipment
- Drills and saws
- Personal computer
All permanent full-time members of the Kansas City Police Department must reside within the Kansas City, Missouri city limits unless an exception has been granted by the Chief of Police.
Selected applicants must submit to a physical abilities test, polygraph, post-offer physical examination and drug screen.
Contact Mindy Davis at Mindy.Davis@kcpd.org to schedule an appointment. Applications will not be accepted without an appointment.