Police Records Clerk
TITLE: Administrative Assistant I
SUB-TITLE: Police Records Clerk I
DIVISION/UNIT: Information Services Division, Records Unit, Records Section
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Records Section
PAY RANGE: $2,127-$3,609 per month
Job Objectives: (Purpose of the position.)
To provide clerical support services by processing and maintaining records of police reports/vehiculars, stolen/recovered licenses and vehicles, repossessed and towed vehicles, etc.
Essential Job Functions: (Functions essential to attaining job objectives.)
- Files police reports/vehiculars in numerical order; provides copies to law enforcement personnel; deletes closed record information from police reports/vehiculars and sells to citizens, attorneys, insurance companies, etc. at service counter.
- Files mug shots and provides copies to law enforcement personnel.
- Responds to questions and requests for information at the service counter and on the telephone.
- Provides copies of criminal history record checks to law enforcement personnel; sells copies of criminal history record checks at service counter in compliance with closed record law.
- Prepares walk-in reports on vehiculars, stolen vehicles, stealing, etc. when investigation at scene is not required; determines report classification.
- Prepares reports for microfilming, microfilms; maintains machine. Sends film for processing, verifies complete file processed, shreds reports.
- Performs related duties as required.
Job Standards: (Minimum qualifications needed to perform essential functions.)
To successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the incumbent must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Position requires accurate spelling, clerical, and verbal communication skills. General clerical experience is preferred. Clerical test (75% or better) and polygraph examination are required.
Job Location: (Place where work is performed.)
Position operates in a standard office environment approximately 100% of the time.
Equipment: (Machines, devices, tools, etc., used in job performance.)
- Mainframe computer terminal/printer
- Copying machine
- Receipt machine
- Power files
- Microfilm machine
Contact Mindy Davis at Mindy.Davis@kcpd.org to schedule an appointment. Applications will not be accepted without an appointment.