Snow Update Page
- Crews are currently clearing residential and arterial streets. Arterial crews reported for duty at 10 p.m. Wednesday night and finished a first pass of all arterial streets by 4 a.m. Thursday morning. Residential crews reported for duty at 6 a.m. on Thursday morning.
- Arterial crews will work through the day and into the evening as needed to clear streets curb to curb.
- Residential crews will clear snow between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Residential vehicles plow a single path through residential areas to allow drivers to access the roadway. They will widen their path as time allows.
- Scheduled trash service will not be suspended. Illegal dumping and bulky-item pickup will be suspended until further notice.
- The City’s Public Works Department has received its salt supply for the 2014-2015 snow season. This order will ensure a full supply of salt at all of the City’s five salt domes as well as a mid-season “top-off” of 10,000 tons.
Prepare for wintry weather with these tips. Learn about the City’s snow removal process, emergency snow routes and check out answers to frequently asked questions. Residents can view activity for City snow plows throughout the City in real-time with the GPS snow plow map.
Important contact information to keep with you: 311, 816-513-1313 and the Missouri Department of Transportation, 816-622-6500.