Snow Update Page
- Arterial crews have worked overnight and will continue to clear streets throughout the day and into the evening as needed.
- Residential drivers reported for duty at 6 a.m. today to plow streets and salt intersections, curves and hills. Residential drivers will continue to plow until released.
- A bridge frost crew will deploy early Monday morning to treat elevated surfaces and reduce the threat of refreeze.
- The Public Works Department asks that drivers park off the street prior to snow events. If drivers cannot park off of the street, please park on the north side of east-west streets or the west side of north-south streets. Vehicles parked on both sides of the street may leave insufficient space for a snow plow.
- The City’s Public Works Department has received its salt supply for the 2014-2015 snow season. This order will ensure a full supply of salt at all of the City’s five salt domes as well as a mid-season “top-off” of 10,000 tons.
Important contact information to keep with you: 311, 816-513-1313 and the Missouri Department of Transportation, 816-622-6500.