Citizens Task Force on Violence
The mission of the Citizens Task Force on Violence is to gather facts and data to recommend pragmatic policies and best practices about how we as a city can prevent, address and respond to violence in all its forms, including but not limited to active shooter situations, violence-driven street crime, illegal use of weapons, domestic violence, child abuse and other violent situations.
Use the Public Comment Form to submit testimony, sign-up for updates, or sign-up to testify at a Task Force meeting.
You can access presentations, meeting audio, and other documents via the Document Archive.
Meeting Location Change!
Future Task Force meetings will now take place in the Biery Auditorium which is located on the lower level of Kansas City’s Health Department, 2400 Troost Ave, Kansas City, MO 64108. Meetings will continue to be held on the second Tuesday of each month from 6 – 8 p.m.
Scheduled Meeting Dates
The Citizens Task Force on Violence will convene every month on the second Tuesday from 6 – 8 p.m. The scheduled meetings will be held in the Biery Auditorium located on the lower level of the KC Health Department, 2400 Troost Ave, Kansas City, MO 64108.
email@example.com | 816-513-6517
- Chair: Jolie Justus, Kansas City Councilwoman
- Vice Chair: Andres Dominguez, Program Officer, Heath Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City
- Deidre Anderson, Executive Director, United Inner City Services.
- Charles Atwell, attorney with Foland Wickens, P.C., and a former Jackson County Circuit Court Judge.
- Alissia Canady, Fifth District City Councilwoman.
- Pat Clarke, Community Activist.
- Jose Faus, Artist, Writer and Educator.
- Tina Harris, Pastor, Grand Avenue Temple United Methodist Church.
- Jill M. Katz, Attorney.
- Jonathan Kemper, Vice Chairman, Commerce Bancshares Inc.
- Rodney Knott, CEO, ReEngage Staffing Services.
- Allan Markley, Superintendent, Raytown Quality Schools.
- Nancy Olivares, Attorney.
- D.J. Pierre, Assistant City Prosecutor, City of Kansas City, Missouri.
- Judy Sherry, President-Owner, Judy Sherry Consortium, Advertising & Marketing.
- Rosilyn Temple, Founder and Executive Director, Kansas City Chapter, Mothers in Charge Inc.
- Wick Thomas, Teen Services Librarian, Kansas City Public Library.
- Crystal Williams, Jackson County Legislator.
Scheduled Meeting Dates
The Citizens Task Force on Violence will convene every month on the second Tuesday from 6 – 8 p.m. The scheduled meetings will be held at the Gregg/Klice Community Center. The final three meetings of the task force will be determined at a later date.
|Jan. 12||July 12|
|Feb. 9||Aug. 9|
|March 8||Sept. 13|
|April 12||Oct. (TBD)|
|May 10||Nov. (TBD)|
|June 14||Dec. (TBD)|