The mission of the Citizens Task Force on Violence is to gather facts and data to recommend pragmatic policies and best practices about how we as a city can prevent, address and respond to violence in all its forms, including but not limited to active shooter situations, violence-driven street crime, illegal use of weapons, domestic violence, child abuse and other violent situations.
Use the Public Comment Form to submit testimony, sign-up for updates, or sign-up to testify at a Task Force meeting.
You can access presentations, meeting audio, and other documents via the Document Archive.
- firstname.lastname@example.org | 816-513-6517
- Chair: Jolie Justus, Kansas City Councilwoman
- Vice Chair: Andres Dominguez, Program Officer, Heath Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City
- Deidre Anderson, Executive Director, United Inner City Services.
- Charles Atwell, attorney with Foland Wickens, P.C., and a former Jackson County Circuit Court Judge.
- Alissia Canady, Fifth District City Councilwoman.
- Pat Clarke, Community Activist.
- Jose Faus, Artist, Writer and Educator.
- Tina Harris, Pastor, Grand Avenue Temple United Methodist Church.
- Jill M. Katz, Attorney.
- Jonathan Kemper, Vice Chairman, Commerce Bancshares Inc.
- Rodney Knott, CEO, ReEngage Staffing Services.
- Allan Markley, Superintendent, Raytown Quality Schools.
- Nancy Olivares, Attorney.
- D.J. Pierre, Assistant City Prosecutor, City of Kansas City, Missouri.
- Judy Sherry, President-Owner, Judy Sherry Consortium, Advertising & Marketing.
- Rosilyn Temple, Founder and Executive Director, Kansas City Chapter, Mothers in Charge Inc.
- Wick Thomas, Teen Services Librarian, Kansas City Public Library.
- Crystal Williams, Jackson County Legislator.
Scheduled Meeting Dates
|Jan. 12||July 12|
|Feb. 9||Aug. 9|