Citizens Task Force on Violence
The mission of the Citizens Task Force on Violence is to gather facts and data to recommend pragmatic policies and best practices about how we as a city can prevent, address and respond to violence in all its forms, including but not limited to active shooter situations, violence-driven street crime, illegal use of weapons, domestic violence, child abuse and other violent situations.
You can access presentations, meeting audio, and other documents via the Document Archive.
- firstname.lastname@example.org | 816-513-6517
- Chair: Jolie Justus, Kansas City Councilwoman
- Vice Chair: Andres Dominguez, Program Officer, Heath Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City
- Deidre Anderson, Executive Director, United Inner City Services.
- Charles Atwell, attorney with Foland Wickens, P.C., and a former Jackson County Circuit Court Judge.
- Alissia Canady, Fifth District City Councilwoman.
- Pat Clarke, Community Activist.
- Jose Faus, Artist, Writer and Educator.
- Tina Harris, Pastor, Grand Avenue Temple United Methodist Church.
- Jill M. Katz, Attorney.
- Jonathan Kemper, Vice Chairman, Commerce Bancshares Inc.
- Rodney Knott, CEO, ReEngage Staffing Services.
- Allan Markley, Superintendent, Raytown Quality Schools.
- Nancy Olivares, Attorney.
- D.J. Pierre, Assistant City Prosecutor, City of Kansas City, Missouri.
- Judy Sherry, President-Owner, Judy Sherry Consortium, Advertising & Marketing.
- Rosilyn Temple, Founder and Executive Director, Kansas City Chapter, Mothers in Charge Inc.
- Wick Thomas, Teen Services Librarian, Kansas City Public Library.
- Crystal Williams, Jackson County Legislator.